The International Program
The Buchmann-Mehta School of Music
Tel Aviv University
Honorary President: Zubin Mehta
In Collaboration with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
Now accepting applications for 2021-2022
The Buchmann-Mehta School of Music (BMSM) International Program for Outstanding Students offers:
- Partner School of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
- World-renowned guest artists and visiting faculty
- Full tuition scholarships for international students
- Housing assistance and living stipends for outstanding candidates
- Strong and supportive faculty in all musical fields
- Vibrant environment of the city of Tel Aviv and Tel Aviv University’s campus!
B. Mus., M. Mus. and Artist Diploma in music performance*
- Strings (priority: Violin, Viola and Double Bass)
- Woodwinds (priority: Oboe and Bassoon)
- Brass (priority: Horn and Trombone)
- Vocal Studies (priority: Tenor and Bass)
- Orchestral & Choral Conducting (graduate studies only)
* All programs also available as student exchange program for one year abroad
Studies are held in English / Full Tuition Scholarships
– Application deadline: May 1st, 2021*
* In exceptional cases and by prior notification to us, the application deadline may be slightly prolonged due to the Corona crisis.
For more information, visit https://en-arts.tau.ac.il/Music
Get in touch! email@example.com | +972-3-640-9505
The Buchmann-Mehta School of Music trains the future generation of outstanding musicians and prepares them in every way for a career in music. One of the world's elite music schools, it has been home to many great artists from Itzhak Perlman, Pinchas Zukerman, Menahem Pressler and Yoheved (Veda) Kaplinsky to young stars such as Lahav Shani and Boris Giltburg. The Buchmann-Mehta School of Music offers a professional-level orchestral training program and intensive practical training opportunities with the Israel Philharmonic and its guest artists - the world’s leading conductors and soloists. Students get many opportunities to perform in the school's renowned Clairmont Auditorium, as well as in the Israel Philharmonic's famed home, the Charles Bronfman Auditorium.
The Adler-Buchmann International Free-Tuition Program
Through this program, students from all around the world study with Israel's finest musicians and enjoy a free-tuition program of study. On a selective basis, the school also offers living stipends and housing.
The School faculty includes Israel's finest musicians and pedagogues, many of whom are principal players with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra. In addition are leading and well-known artists and teachers such as Arie Vardi, Dora Schwarzberg, Hagai Shaham, Josef Bardanashvili, Sharon Rostorf-Zamir, Hillel Zori and Yoav Talmi. Enhanced by an intensive master class program, the school regularly hosts the world’s leading soloists and conductors to promote students' development.
Each season, internationally renowned artists are invited to present master classes at the BMSM. Recent visiting artists include Sir Andras Schiff, Yuja Wang, Emanuel Ax, Itzhak Perlman, Pinchas Zuckerman, Julian Rachlin, Manfred Honeck, Gianandrea Noseda, Chen Reiss, Murray Perahia, Gil Shaham, Thomas Hampson, Graham Johnson, Yo Yo Ma, Thomas Quasthoff, Christoph Eschenbach, Denis Matsuev, Menachem Pressler, Martin Frost, Radek Baborak and Christian Lindberg, and many more besides.
The BMSM Subscription Series
The School's series of concerts is one of the most successful series in Israel, with over 100 performances a year. The program includes symphonic, chamber, vocal, keyboard, new music, and lecture series, as well as special concerts, featuring students and faculty members.