Patrons can borrow up to a maximum of 4 books
• Weekend Loan – can be checked out starting Thursday at 14:00 to be returned no later than Sunday at 14:00.
• Three Days – lending period is extended automatically as long as the book is not requested by other patrons.
• One Week - lending period is extended automatically as long as the book is not requested by other patrons.
Periodicals and Reference Books are available for in library use only. However they can be borrowed for up to two hours for use in the school’s studios and computer laboratory.
A notice requesting the return of library materials, whose lending period has not been extended, is sent via email only. Failure to comply with this request shall result in a fine according to Tel-Aviv University's regulations.
Please note: it is the borrower's responsibility to check the due dates of books on loan.
The best way to do this is to sign in to your library user account through DaTA:
My Account > List of Active Loans.
Schedule of fines for late return of library materials:
Weekend loan – 10 NIS per hour (per book)
Three-day borrowing period – 15 NIS per day (per book)
One week borrowing period – 10 NIS per day (per book)
Patrons with unpaid fines are withheld borrowing privileges. Payment for fines is by credit card only.
Books shall be returned at the circulation desk. When the library is closed, books may be returned to the book return box located near the entrance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify that the return has been credited. Notify the library as soon as possible if you think there is an error.
Hold requests can be placed:
1. To reserve weekend loan books for the coming weekend. Please note that these requests expire automatically at the end of the week.
2. For books with a 3 day or one week loan period currently on loan. An email message will be sent as soon as the book is available for loan. The book shall be available at the circulation counter for the period specified in the message.
The interlibrary loan service can be used to order books and copies of article not available at Tel-Aviv University libraries from other institutions in Israel and abroad. This fee-based service is provided at the central library. For further information