THEORETICAL EXAMINATIONS for Graduate Applicants*
- Applicants who audition live in Tel Aviv, and not in a recorded audition, are required to take theory exam on May 26th, 2020 at 9:00AM.
- Applicants who submit a video recording are required to take a short theory exam by skype. if accepted to the school, graduate students are required to take the full exam approximately a week before the beginning of the academic year.
- Theoretical exams will include a written theory test and an oral ear-proficiency exam.
* Artist Diploma applicants are not required to take theory exams.
A. For theory sample questions click here
B. Ear training Examination:
1. All 7 chords and inversions.
2. All 9 chords and inversions
3. 4 chords and 5 chords (5 notes)
4. Clusters (5-6 notes)
5. Chorals of Bach or Romantic composition for Chorus (4 Parts)
6. String Quartet
7. Chords progressions including modulations
1. Tonal and Atonal Composition
2. All The above material
1. Harmonization of Soprano or Bass line in different styles.
2. Analysing of given music work