The Adler-Buchmann Scholarships for International Students
The Adler-Buchmann International Program awards scholarships for outstanding international students in the Instrumental and Vocal departments, including a full tuition scholarship and living expenses allowance. Eligibility for scholarships depends first and foremost on the school's needs, and then on a high entrance score. Partial scholarships are also available.
- The Scholarships conditions, criteria, candidate selection and the special activities required from each outstanding student participating in the program may vary from one department to another. Specific terms and conditions for each department are published separately.
- All the terms and conditions must be complied with in order to receive the scholarship. Failure to meet one of the requirements of the scholarship might lead to disciplinary actions against the recepient that could result in termination of the scholarship and refund of given scholarships.
The Excellence Program
Every year the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music grants scholarships to excellent students in all years of study and all study departments*. This is in order to enable those students to dedicate all their time and effort to the development of their artistic abilities.
The scholarships are granted according to the following criteria:
1. Outstanding artistic achievements in the major subject (instrumental, vocal,
conducting or composition);
2. Active participation in the symphony orchestra, the different chamber and vocal
ensembles, and the chamber choir;
3. General academic standing and grade average;
4. Contribution to the school's activities;
5. Financial hardship.
During the academic year, the secretariat will distribute application forms for scholarships. Upon the full and accurate completion of the forms, the students are requested to submit them to the school office by the due date. Forms submitted after the advertised deadline will not be accepted. A special scholarships committee, chaired by the head of the school, will discuss the applications. The scholarships will be given after the end of the academic year.
"Special Status" students are eligible for support from the school. The procedure for submitting the applications are identical to those of regular students.
To download the excellence scholarship applying form press here
*Only students who comply with all curriculum requirements, including requirements in the major field and participation in the scheduled end of year or final exams, are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
The Orchestral Training Program Scholarships
The Buchmann-Mehta School of Music's Orchestral Training Program allows 100 outstanding students, who fully participate in the orchestra's activities, to study under a full exemption from tuition fee.
The Diana Mary Steyer Scholarship Fund for Excellence in Music Performance
The Diana Mary Steyer Scholarship Fund for Excellence in Music Performance was established in 2017 to invest in the creative musical talent of tomorrow and retain the best and the brightest at the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music. Award recipients are Israeli students who exhibit the greatest merit, ingenuity and potential and have significant financial need; the scholarship frees them from their financial burdens so they can devote all their time to their practice. Each is a promising artist who has demonstrated a commitment to elevating the present and future of the Israeli music scene. The scholarships will be awarded in the following four major specialties only: voice, piano, guitar and violin. The Scholarship Fund honors Diana Mary Steyer’s commitment to and involvement with music throughout her life